The East Communist Party
- Strahinja Ciric: '16, 18-C.
- Qiyun Gao: '19.
- Abu Saleh: '19.
8 Jan 2116
- Created a design for the robot using a feeder arm and two rotating collector stacks, one to store each type of cube.
- Finished CAD for the basic robot layout and feeding arm.
- Assembled the structure of the kitbot.
- Started work on software (far more work is needed).
Planned for next week
- Finish remaining CAD work.
- Have the kitbot fully operational with pathfinding (most likely wall following) and cube detection (most likely via colour determination) software.
- Cut and prepare all needed parts.
- Come close to completing construction of the robot itself.
Last two weeks
- We struggled quite a bit with time management. Sleep schedules of all members rarely were incident with one another.
- Finished CAD.
- Cut and assembled all the parts. Did wiring.
- Active mechanism for collecting and stacking cubes failed to come online by competition time. Our robot became little more than a battering ram. But that's okay, we still got to fourth place. Somehow. oOoOOOOOOoooooooooOOOOOoOOOOOoooooo
For future participants of MASLAB: idk, be extremely cognisant of each other's sleep schedules, get together as often as possible, plan ahead, etc etc. good luck.
It's a fun class.