From Maslab 2011
Monday January 3rd, 2011
We managed to write the HelloWorld code, implement a simple robot, and run a simple program on its motors to show that it works. In the way of doing this, we confronted two problems. First problem was that we were unable to communicate with the uorc board. The problem was with the board and was solved by short circuiting the Estop. The second problem was that the motors were connected so tight to the wooden board that they did not move. We solved the problem by loosing them. We're hungry!!!
Tuesday January 4th, 2011
We have discussed strategy, structural and mechanical design and are still discussing strategy!! Plus we are deciding who gets to keep their computer plugged in to the wall. Unfortunately, plugs only come in pairs. We have a really good schedule set up and are planning to follow it even if it mean building the robot in the next 5 days! However, we are quite pleased with our design and feel that any obstacles will only make us stronger!!
Wednesday January 5th, 2011
Today we completed checkpoint 3. We ate subway sandwiches. Two of us got trained at Edgerton. We chose the design for our robot. We failed at naming our robot. Voitek is trying to do all the coding tonight for both checkpoint 4 and 5. YES! The design of our robot consists of two Archimede's screws and a collection basket on the top level of our robot to throw balls over the opposing team's wall. Simple and effective Over and out.
Thursday January 6th, 2011
Completed two archimede's screws which are the direct opposite of each other. Preliminary ball elevating operations succeeded but we need to attach three shafts for it to work correctly. We completed two checkpoints in one day today as well (4 and 5).
Friday January 7th, 2011
Completed two shafts that will make the archimede's screws spin. Ordered gpu online. Began work on encoders.
Saturday January 8th 2011
Continued work on encoders.
Sunday January 9th 2011
Continued work on encoders. Cut wood for the screw casing which will be attached to the back of the robot. We plan to have an operational robot by tuesday.
To be continued :]
Tuesday January 11th
After some tinkering it seems that 1 screw will work much better than 2 screws, especially in terms of stability. So we reconfigured the designs.
Wednesday January 12th
Epically snowed out of the lab.
Friday January 14th 2011
Mock Contest today!! So we found out that our robot was slightly too close to the ground so we had to cut the guides on the bottom of the robot. So we took the robot apart after the mock to work on it. During the interview we put our robot together for a picture and it looked awesome!( with the exception of no orc board, computer or battery ) It looked as though our robot will be running by will power!! Front door was made and hopefully trap all the balls bwahahaha...
Saturday January 15th 2011
Took robot apart again :] this time to put on the new epic mice encoders. They are attached with a spring system making them versatile to the change in terrain. Now just gotta code them perfectly >.<
Sunday January 16th 2011
Wrote code for PID!!