From Maslab 2011
January 3rd: Where everything started
- Day one. Team is ready. Team is willing to show off... but uORC is not.
- After assembling the pegbot and linking the (fancy) eeePC to our PC via the bot client, we encountered a serious problem. The uORC would not respond because of firmware.
- Good news : the same program works on a previous version of the uORC (all our work is not vain !)
- Final positive event : we tore down the webcam in order to get the essential (the printed circuit) and it still works.
January 4th: The grand design
- Day two. Met in the morning, discussed the game. We have a plan: watermill+waterpark slides+catapult style robots with layers, just like an onion (or a cake).
- After the group interview, we put all our sensors together and tested them. Everything works! We are on a roll.
- What's next? CADed most of the components we have already today and will finish the robot architecture tomorrow.
January 6th: The grand design
- Yesterday involved much work, and we were all to tired to journal.
- Video code and Cinnamon Toast Crunch abounds, and we are recognizing objects and taking names. (Of the objects)
- With the rest of tonight we'll be wrapping up the PID controller using the quad encoders -- so far seems good. Tomorrow during the day, we will combine this with the camera error and be ready to win Mock 1.