Team Two/Final Paper
From Maslab 2011
- Leighton Barnes - Course 18, 2013
- Cathy Wu - Course 6, 2012
- Stanislav Nikolov - Course 6, 2011
- Dan Fourie - Course 2, 2012
Our robot was designed for robustness and reliability.
Electrical Design and Sensors
NiCd and Lithium options reasons we used lead-acid
gyro (or lack thereof)
state machine with bump detection and timeouts
bump sensor coverage
pins falling out
single-conductor wire and broken connections
uORC sample rate
power for fourth motor
cathy & stan
-form a team early and commit to doing maslab for all of IAP -work really really hard -test really really often
- Form a team early and commit to doing MASLAB for all of IAP. We formed our team before the start of the school year.
- Have a well balanced team. It's important to cover all grounds with software, mechanical, and electrical. Our 2 software + 1 mechanical + 1 electrical combination balanced us very well.
- Start before IAP and aim to have most of everything done in the first 2 weeks of IAP. Because we did most of the design before IAP, We managed to have a functional robot (not the pegbot) by the first mock competition, which helped us out greatly. We also were able to spend the last week and a half making fixes for various edge cases and had time to just polish up things.
- Test relentlessly. You'll find something wrong with your robot every time.
|Error creating thumbnail: |
libgomp: Thread creation failed: Resource temporarily unavailable